As Vena’s IT Helpdesk Analyst, you will provide overall administration of Internal IT functions, including desktop, laptop, hardware and software systems, network/operating systems and telecommunication. Additionally, you will provide technical direction to purchase, coordinate, and maintain all IT requirements and assets.
What you will do
- Create and manage user email accounts and access control, based on company policies
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and laptop PCs, printers, voice, mobile, data and video equipment
- Collaborate with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Maintain an inventory of installed software and hardware, as well as manage licensing accordingly
- Administer the operation of all LAN/WAN-related network services and troubleshoot performance, connectivity, and related network problems
- Administer LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
- Analyze systems hardware and software problems and develop technical solutions, including implementation of upgrades
- Recommend hardware and software standardization as well as explaining technology solutions to senior management
- Troubleshoot general software, performance, email and service issues through ticketing system
- Liaise with vendors to perform warranty repairs on employee devices
- Responsible for hardware set-up, lifting up to 50lbs
Does this sound like you?
- 2 - 5 years of experience supporting IT systems in a fast-paced environment
- Post-secondary education in Computer Networking, Information Technology or related field
- Exceptional knowledge of IT operating systems (Windows and Linux), in conjunction with experience installing hardware and software
- Solid infrastructure knowledge: networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, etc.
- Confident customer-oriented communicator with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- You have experience working with Cloud Web services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You have experience working with Active Directory, restricted user accounts and software deployment technologies
- You are able to multitask and leverage your problem solving abilities in a fast-paced environment
- You are familiar and comfortable working in a 24/7 production environment
Apply today… we can’t wait to hear from you!
At Vena, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we’re part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can stop fighting software and get back to doing their best work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.