Senior Consultants are the budding leaders of the Professional Services team. The Senior Consultant is responsible for execution excellence: implementing the Vena product and enabling our customers for success. Senior Consultants at Vena typically have between 3 and 7 years of relevant experience.
*Please note that we are currently hiring Senior Consultants for an anticipated start date in June 2017.
Why you may be interested…
- You want to develop your leadership skills: At the Senior Consultant level, you will start to take ownership of medium and large projects as well as being more actively engaged in internal initiatives
- You love to solve new problems: You will be working with dozens of new customers across all industries and solving unique challenges in budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, month-end close, regulatory reporting, and any existing business processes that use Excel
- You love to travel: You will be the face of Vena, traveling to customer locations around North America and abroad
What you will do
- Implement the Vena product at our customers, being responsible for report and template construction, data model building, workflow orchestration
- Deliver high levels of customer service, over-delivering on customer expectations
- Train customers on system usage, enabling them towards self-sufficiency
- Support two or three day on-site discovery sessions with customers to elicit business requirements and define project scope and design
- Independently lead small projects and be responsible for all activities including training, discovery, configuration, and quality assurance
- Proactively and candidly communicate with internal and external stakeholders as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Customer service minded and possession of superior client interaction skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization including C-Level leaders if needed
- A proven top performer with a diligent work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure Customer Success
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create complex formulas, macros and sophisticated formatting
- Experience eliciting business requirements and creating project plans
- Deep understanding in at least one of the following areas:
- Knowledge of financial processes and applications such as budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidations, month-end close processes, and general reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with building relational databases, specifically SQL Server, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures.
- Knowledge of OLAP building concepts including Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services or similar multidimensional database products.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Financial designation (CPA, CFA), MBA, or PMP
- Experience delivering training.
Apply today…We can’t wait to hear from you!
Vena was founded on the belief that the technologies people know and love should always play a vital role in the way companies plan and measure the way they do business. We’ve turned loved products like Excel, Office 365, and Google Docs into an award winning, enterprise-class business solution – with workflow, data warehousing, and more – so companies can keep using the tools they love to get trusted numbers fast on any device, anywhere, any time.
That belief has paid off – Vena is doubling in size every year and today has offices on four continents with thousands of happy users across the globe.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.