As Vena’s Senior Application Support Engineer, you will build a strong feedback loop between the product development and customer support teams to ensure customer success.
We believe that understanding and valuing our customers is the key to success. The day-to-day will include using customer feedback to improve the product, and technical feedback to improve our customer service. You will be the voice of our customers internally and influencing the prioritization of product improvements.
What you will do
- Provide technical support, product expertise, and guidance to Vena customers, partners, and internal teams on highly complex issues
- Take ownership and prioritize issues escalated by the Team Lead, Level 1 Support, and others
- Interact with customers, partners, internal teams, and vendors via phone, email, chat, and/or web session
- Perform in-depth analysis and troubleshooting to isolate root cause of issue, identify next steps, and possible courses of action/steps to resolution
- Identify and resolve issues by using past experience, good judgement, and knowledge of the Vena software
- Ensure client requests are acknowledged and resolved within service level agreement times
- Provide timely updates to customers on all open issues, keeping messages tailored to the recipient’s level of expertise
- Manage customer expectations regarding issue priority, resolution time, and suitability of workaround provided
- Provide daily internal updates to tickets describing progress made
- Troubleshoot and debug qualified system issues, and provide technical logging or database information when applicable
- Categorize, and document qualified system issues and share with the Product Development and Product Infrastructure team as applicable
- Apply database and system patches/updates to Vena’s hosted clients
- Provide instruction for application of system patches and updates to self-hosted clients
- Deploy system upgrades and features such as new licenses or modules
- Identify and document opportunities for improvement based on client suggestions
- Work closely with Product Development and the Quality Assurance teams to move issues through the software release process
- Write knowledge base (KB) articles for topics that will benefit both customers and team
- Provide suggestions on improvements to workflows, processes, and tools being used
Does this sound like you?
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field
- 3 – 5 years in a Senior Technical Support role, working with databases (SQL Server), database languages (SQL), Excel, and advanced Excel functionality (macros, VBA, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to remain focused to manage multiple competing priorities
- Able to learn quickly and respond to changing customer needs and demands
- Ability to work independently and with other members of a team
- Available for scheduled on-call support rotation (evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in Finance related role is an asset
Apply today… we can’t wait to hear from you!
At Vena, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we’re part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can stop fighting software and get back to doing their best work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.