As Vena continues to grow, the Professional Services team is in search of an Operations Analyst. The Operations Analyst is an entry-level position suitable for detail-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are eager to learn and adapt along with the business. This is the perfect role to kick-start your career towards a Consulting focused path.
What you will do
- Support professional services’ ongoing operations:
- Participate in the weekly forecasting process by working with the PS management team to ensure the forecast is accurate and complete. Help to analyze bottlenecks or bring inefficiencies to the surface
- Maintain a database of customer and project information over time
- Review and follow-up on time sheet submissions to improve time to close the monthly books
- Help to maintain the central resource scheduling list and provide recommendations or point out potential issues.
- Own a variety of ongoing administrative tasks within Professional Services including: setting up new projects and work breakdown structures in Netsuite and Vena software, allocating or de-allocating resources to projects, validating daily and weekly process automation results, updating tactical and strategic performance metrics, retrieving and recording service quality survey results, providing assistance with expense reimbursement
- Support the accounting and finance team with weekly and monthly business processes including: customer invoicing, vendor invoice analysis and cross referencing, miscellaneous accounting projects
- Build technology skills including advanced Microsoft Excel, relational databases (SQL), ERP’s (NetSuite) and CPM (Vena).
- Contribute to other areas within PS (where skill and experience allow) including: technical writing for SOW’s or project documents, content management, project QA support, other as skill and experience increase.
Does this sound like you?
- Post-secondary education in Commerce / Business Administration / Finance and Accounting
- You have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- You should have good time management skills and be able to prioritize and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- You should be very customer service minded, responding quickly and courteously to internal and external requests
- Conceptual understanding of relational or multidimensional databases is an asset
Apply today…We can’t wait to hear from you!
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.