The Practice Manager role primarily makes up the management tier within Professional Services. The Practice Manager directly leads a team of consultants and ensures successful project delivery of the Vena product. Practice Managers at Vena typically have between 8 and 12 years of relevant experience.
What you will do
- Own a portfolio of customers in the Corporate Performance Management realm
- Manage resources, mitigate risk, and track project activities to deliver client solutions that are on time, on budget, and meet the customers’ success criteria
- Manage a team of 5-8 through 1-on-1 guidance, performance evaluations, schedule management and driving high utilization
- Work with prospective clients during the sales cycle by estimating project costs and educating the prospect on the path ahead
- Expand the footprint of Vena at each customer, either going into more depth with existing processes or expanding into new departments and processes altogether
- Be accountable for the financial management and administration of all owned projects, ensuring change orders are created and contracted and that budget guidelines are being met
- On occasion, actively participate in direct project activities including: on-site JAD sessions, project status calls, and project resource planning and scheduling
Does this sound like you?
- Two or more (2+) years’ experience in a management position within the Software industry
- Proven customer service capabilities and communication skills across all levels of an organization
Nice to Have
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Financial designation (CPA, CFA), MBA, or Project Management (PMP)
- Knowledge of financial processes including applications such as budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidations, month-end close processes, and general reporting
- Exposure to the sales process in the software space and ability to effectively liaise between sales and technical personnel
- Microsoft Excel skills, ability to create complex formulas, macros, and sophisticated formatting
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP building concepts including Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services or similar multidimensional database products
- Experience building relational databases, specifically SQL, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures
Apply today... We can't wait to hear from you!
Vena was founded on the belief that the technologies people know and love should always play a vital role in the way companies plan and measure the way they do business. We’ve turned loved products like Excel, Office 365, and Google Docs into an award winning, enterprise-class business solution – with workflow, data warehousing, and more – so companies can keep using the tools they love to get trusted numbers fast on any device, anywhere, any time. That belief has paid off – Vena is doubling in size every year and today has offices on four continents with thousands of happy users across the globe.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.